Saturday, June 21, 2008

What is impossible for Me

Today "S" called me. I hesitated to take the call because the last time I was with him he was very drunk and out of control. "S" is a friend of mine who is an Alcoholic. I have been ministering to him since November of 2007 and I have never given up hope, however, until he decides to give up the booze and choose life (Jesus) over death there is nothing that I can do except pray and trust God. I pray for him often and I am constantly concerned for his safety because he has been homeless for many years.
By the grace of God "S" was completely sober today! 6 days now.....since a sickness put him in the hospital and now he is sober and wants to stay that way. Praise God.
We spent the afternoon together, it was awesome.

Today when I see "S" and I remember the Word of God that proclaims "I am the Lord, God of all of all flesh, what is impossible for me.

No comments: