Monday, September 20, 2010

Apple picking and Palmer Nostalgia Day

My family and I had a wonderful day in Palmer on Saturday. Started out apple picking in the front yard of My Fathers House and ended at the Nostalgia Day celebration. Who knew that the apples growing on our apple tree were edible! My wife, Cathy, daughter Jennifer and our two Grandchildren picked 3 bags full. More than enough for a couple of pies (something to look forward too) and a many samples while picking. And....there are many more to be picked (if I can figure out how to reach them). I am confident that this abundance of fruit from My Fathers House is just the beginning!
Then we joined some friends from Crossway Christian Church www.thecrossway.org at Nostalgia Day in Palmer. It was a great afternoon of good food, history lessons, fellowship and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ. We especially enjoyed Sweet Dreams, which was a booth loaded with good o'l penny candy. We will be regular visitors to there store in downtown Palmer. Hats off to the Organizers at Palmer Special Events.....we had a blast.

No comments: