Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A call to service


I had the opportunity to spend this past weekend at Spirit Life Worship Church http://www.spiritlifeworshipchurch.com/ in Palm Coast, Florida. I must admit that I am a bit bias, but Spirit Life is a wonderful church. The reason that I am bias is that the Pastor is my brother Mike. He and his wife Anita have been building the church family for the past 9 years.
It is exciting to watch a church family develop under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
What a humbling honor to preach the Word of God to such a hungry congregation.
"A Call to Service" was the message that God gave me to deliver to Spirit Life Worship Church (it can be downloaded from the church web site).
God never called us to be served, He called us to serve! When we learn to serve God we find that our appetite to serve others becomes insatiable. Many of Gods people need to be served and we are called to serve them. However, we MUST teach them to serve. The old saying holds true "give a man a fish and feed him for a day or "teach a man to fish and feed him for the rest of there life. Yes, feed all those who come to you to be fed. But then teach them how to feed others. Jesus said "I am the bread of life". We have an inexaustable supply of bread for those in need. But feeding the needy is only the beginning. Showing them the power of the Holy Spirit and giving them access to the same endless supply of Bread is what will change the world.
Thank you Spirit Life for welcoming me in to your church body. I look forward to visiting again.

No comments: