Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jack Knox went home to the Lord



Jack seen here with his legendary band "The Continentals"

On Tuesday February 23rd my good friend Jack Knox went home to be with the Lord.
Please pray for his children.

Jack was always a faithful friend.
He loved his children, his music and the Lord with all his heart, soul and mind. Jack was a true entertainer with a God given voice and a seasoned stage presence. He sang from his heart and soul with a passion that cannot be learned.
In 2003 when Jack began to give his voice to the Lord and the anointing on his music was so powerful that the audiences would weep. I would often invite Jack to sing at a church where I was preaching because his songs were his testimony and his testimony moved mountains.
For most major events in my life over the last 20 years Jack offered his talent. My wife's 40th birthday, my daughters wedding and my ordination were marked with his performances; usually accompanied by his band "The Continentals".
This world will never again hear his powerfully anointed singing voice but I know for sure that it is now added to the choirs of heaven and for that I am grateful.
I look forward to seeing him again one day and hearing his wonderful voice.
Until then, I will certainly miss him.

The following link is a wonderful article about Jack Knox.

http://gerrynutt.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/goodbye-to-a-local-legend-jack-knox/

No comments: